Short URL : https://goo.gl/R8hYof
We are open for collaboration with other institution to measure sample with our instrument.
Our Instrument is:
- Brand: NETZSCH STA 449 F1 Jupiter
- Job: Simultaneous TG-DSC measurement; TGA measurement
- Gas: Nitrogen, Argon, Oxygen
- Sample phase: Solid, Powder, Liquid (please contact technician)
- Sample chemistry: Non-corrosive, not containing high amount of F, Cl,
- Temperature measurement:
- TGA : Max temp. 1200 C
- TG-DSC : Max temp. 500 C (Aluminum pan)
[table id=2 /]
Standard temperature Increment rate for the measurement is 20ºC/min. Standard Purge gas flow is 40 mL/min for TGA and 20 mL/min for DSC.
If you require to measure other than standard condition, fee probably different. Please contact Manager.
Attention: It is common that samples contain transition metals will contaminate the alumina crucible when heated at high temperature. If your sample happens to contaminate our crucible, unfortunately, the extra charge will be applied (IDR 150,000 per crucible).
Procedure of Measurement
- Download the application form here (FMIPA-ITB) or here (Others).
- Fill the application form. For the student of FMIPA-ITB, please contact Dr. Ihsanawati for getting her approval and signature on the application form.
- Contact the Manager for time availability of the measurement.
- Submit the Form alongside with your Sample to Manager\’s office. Also, Please provide us with Safety Information of your sample(s), (MSDS is preferred).
- If the Safety Information is not submitted, the measurement possibly delayed until it is received by Technical Staff.
- Measurement of your sample by Technical Staff.
- Payment and Confirmation of your payment to the Manager.
- Data sent through email.
- The content of the data is the plot of single Measurement for each sample.
- The raw file in *.txt file system will be included, so you can plot your graph by yourself.
INSTRUCTION FOR CHOOSING THE BEST TEMPERATURE OF MEASUREMENT
- For TGA sample, the best amount of sample is more than 10mg, which important to neglect the baseline.
- The best temperature choice for your sample is:
- Heating up your sample higher 50°C above melting point or decomposition temperature.
- Cooling down (if necessary, for DSC) below 100°C of melting point is necessary.
- You can determine the isothermal temperature, but if you don\’t, we will set only 5 minutes.
- The temperature increment rate will determine whether you need to obtain the decomposition temperature or just mass change.
- For mass change investigation, the temperature increment rate is fast, but you need to put higher temperature measurement, with isothermal step if needed.
- For precise decomposition/melting temperature, the increment rate is better slow, but you do not have to measure at far higher than your intended temperature.
Only you, the one who fully understands your material measurement conditions, please be detail.
Person in Charge
Notice: TG and DSC will undergo maintenance in November. Currently, we do not accept any sample for measurement. We\’re sorry for the inconvenience.
[table id=8 /]
Est. = Estimation
You have to wait the measurement time patiently.
Office and Laboratory:
Office : Basement Floor, BSC-A Institut Teknologi Bandung, Jl. Ganeca No. 10, Bandung, 40116 Indonesia
Laboratory : 2nd Floor (Room. 113 02 006), BSC-A Institut Teknologi Bandung, Jl. Ganeca No. 10, Bandung, 40116 Indonesia