Division of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Institut Teknologi Bandung
- B.Sc., Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia, 1992
- Ph.D., University of Sydney, Australia, 1998
- Padatan Oksida Logam, Penerbit ITB, 2006.
- Kimia Populer, Penerbit ITB, 2007.
- Assistant Lecturer, 1999
- Lecturer, 2001
- Associate Professor, 2004
- KEK MEXT (Jpn Min. Educ. Cult. Sports, Sci. & Tech) Guest Scientist, 2002
- Hitachi Postdoctoral Fellow, IMSS Japan, 2003
- Endeavour Postdoctoral Fellow, U. Sydney, Australia, 2006
The research underway in our laboratory is directed towards understanding of how the structural and electronic properties of metal oxides influences their properties. To do this it is necessary to study the oxides using:
Various synthetic method, in addition to conventional solid state reaction, several synthesis method such hydrothermal, sol gel, and flux methods were employed to prepare the various materials of interests.
Bulk structure determination, the structure of the metal oxides can be determined by powder diffraction, using neutron or X-ray (laboratory and synchontron) source. The former measurements carried out in collaboration with Neutron Scattering Lab at Serpong and Bragg Institute, AUS, are particularly appropriate in determining the position of lighter elements.
Atom simulation, despite the steady increase in computer power, we are not yet able to model all physical process, so methods employing inter atomic potentials are still very useful. We are using atomic simulation methods for structure and doping predictions and complementing the lattice energy approximations.
- Ismunandar, Hunter, B. A. and Kennedy, B. J. \”Cation Disorder in Ferroellectric Aurrivillius phase PbBi2Nb2O9: an anomalous dispersion X-ray Diffraction Study\” Solid State Ionics, 112, 1998, 281
- Ismunandar and Kennedy, B. J., \”Effect of Temperature on Cation Disorder in ABi2Nb2O9 (A = Sr, Ba)\”, J. Mater. Chem., 9, 1999, 541
- Ismunandar, Kennedy, B. J., and Hunter, B. A. \”Structural and Magnetic Studies of Manganese Containing Pyrochlores Oxides\”, Journal Alloys and Compounds, 302, 2000, 94
- Ismunandar, Kennedy, B. J., \”Preparation and Structure of Bismuth Titanium Oxide Pyrochlore\”, JMS, 7(2), 2002, 63-69
- Brendan J. Kennedy, Yoshiki Kubota, Brett A. Hunter, Ismunandar, Kenichi Kato, \”Structural Phase Transition in the Layered Bismuth Oxide BaBi4 Ti4O5\”, Solid State Communications, 126, 2003, 653-658
- Ismunandar, T. Kamiyama, A. Hishikawa, K. Oikawa, Y. Kubota, K. Kato B.J. Kennedy, \”Static Disorder in Pyrochlore Oxides\”, Mater. Res. Bull, 39, 2004, 553
- Ismunandar, Leqing Li, B.J. Kennedy, K. Oikawa, and T. Kamiyama, \” Temperature-Dependent Structural Behaviour of Bi2-xNdxRu2O7-d, x=0.625 and 1.375\”, Physica B, in press, September 2006